Visa Support to Uzbekistan
Uzbekistan Visa. According to the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan foreign citizens and stateless persons can enter Uzbekistan or travel through its territory for transit on the basis of entrance visas only.
Foreign citizens and stateless persons can get visas at the diplomatic representations and consular missions of the Republic of Uzbekistan abroad on the basis of the visa support (confirmation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan).
Visa regulations with some countires:
1. Bilateral non-visa regime is established for the citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan (up to 60 days), Moldova, Russia and Ukraine.
2. From February 10, 2018, a visa-free regime is introduced for 30 days period for citizens of 7 countries: Japan, Indonesia, Israel, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and Turkey.
The visa-free regime applies to citizens of these countries, holders of all categories of passports (diplomatic, service and civil) planning to visit the Republic of Uzbekistan for up to 30 days, regardless of the purpose of their trip. In order to enter the country, a person must have a valid national passport or another substitute document used for travel to foreign countries.
The visa-free regime does not apply to stateless persons permanently residing in the territories of these countries.
Accordingly, the visa-free regime is valid for 30 days from the date of entry into Uzbekistan. Before the end of the 30-day visa-free stay period, a foreign citizen must leave the Republic of Uzbekistan. Exceeding the 30-day visa-free stay is recognized as violation of the Rules of stay of foreign citizens in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Accordingly, if it is necessary to stay in Uzbekistan for more than 30 days, a foreign citizen must obtain an entry visa to the Republic of Uzbekistan in accordance with the established procedure, corresponding to the purpose of his trip.
3. From February 10, 2018, simplified procedure for issuing tourist visas is introduced for citizens of 39 countries (list is given below), that implies getting visa within two working days, not counting the day of receiving documents, with the cancellation of the requirement to provide a tourist voucher or an inviting legal / physical person in the Republic of Uzbekistan to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Previously, the simplified procedure for issuing visas was available for citizens of Austria, Belgium, Great Britain, Germany, Spain, Italy, Latvia, France, Switzerland, Thailand, Czech Republic and Poland.
Tourists from these countries are given multiple-entry visas for up to 1 month, and representatives of the business community for up to 1 year, without requiring a tour voucher or an invitation from an inviting legal or physical person in Uzbekistan to the Uzbek Foreign Ministry. Visas are issued within 2 working days, not counting the day of receipt of documents.
4. A visa-free regime is established with China, Hungary and Tajikistan (up to 30 days), Vietnam and the Republic of Korea (up to 60 days), Brazil, Latvia, Poland, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Estonia, Kuwait and Turkey (up to 90 days). Citizens of these countries who hold diplomatic passports and are accredited as employees of diplomatic missions or consular offices of their countries located on the territory of Uzbekistan, as well as members of their families have the right to enter and stay without visas for the entire period of work.
5. Uzbekistan and Japan issue visas without consular fees on the mutual basis.
6. According to the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan No.3836 of July 4, 2018 “On further measures for optimizing the order of entry of foreign citizens into the Republic of Uzbekistan” since July 15, 2018 these regulations are implemented:
- the system of issuing electronic entry tourist visas for foreign citizens, who enjoy a simplified procedure for issuing visa (list of countries is attached);
- short-term transit visa-free entry to the Republic of Uzbekistan for a period not exceeding five days for citizens of a number of countries (list of countries is attached). In this case the foreigners must transit through international airports of the Republic of Uzbekistan, provided they have an air ticket to a third country. This procedure applies transiting passengers wishing to explore the sights of Uzbekistan;
- visa-free entry to the Republic of Uzbekistan for foreign citizens up to 16 year old with biometric travel document. In this case they must be accompanied by legal representatives and they can stay in Uzbekistan for the duration of the visa of the accompanying person, but not more than ninety days since the date of entry into the country.
The nationals of those countries which are not mentioned above should have a visa support - letter of invitation to obtain tourist visa to Uzbekistan.
Letter of invitation will be issued on the basis of visa application form and other documents submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Uzbekistan by our company on the behalf of the tourist.
The legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan has set the following consular fees for the visa issuance:
a) For single entry visas:
· up to 7 days — $40;
· up to 15 days — $50;
· up to 30 days — $60;
· up to 3 months — $80;
· up to 6 months — $120;
· up to 1 year — $160.
Note: For each additional entry the fee shall be increased by $10.
b) For multiple entry visas:
· up to 6 months — $150;
· up to 1 year — $250.
c) For transit visas:
· up to 72 hours — $40;
· double entry transit visa — $50.
d) For group visas (groups must consist of more than 5 persons excluding children under 16 years old):
· up to 15 days — $15 per person;
· up to 30 days — $25 per person.
Except these fees the fees for reimbursement of actual expenses related to the visa issuance (administrative fees) will also be paid. The rates of these fees depend on the place of visa issuance (irrespective of applicant’s citizenship).
Note: Different procedure for issuance of entry visas may be applied to the citizens of those countries that have appropriate bilateral agreements with Uzbekistan.
The list of countries whose citizens can enjoy simplified procedure for issuing tourist visa as well as on “e-visa.gov.uz”
|1 Albania||16 Germany||31 Montenegro||46 Switzerland|
|2 Andorra||17 Greece||32 Netherlands||47 Thailand|
|3 Australia||18 Hungary||33 New Zealand||48 United Arab Emirates|
|4 Austria||19 Iceland||34 Norway||49 United Kingdom|
|5 Belgium||20 India||35 Oman||50 United States of America|
|6 Bosnia and Herzegovina||21 Ireland||36 Poland||51 Vatican|
|7 Bulgaria||22 Italy||37 Portugal|
|8 Canada||23 Kuwait||38 Romania|
|9 China||24 Latvia||39 San Marino|
|10 Croatia||25 Liechtenstein||40 Saudi Arabia|
|11 Czech Republic||26 Lithuania||41 Serbia|
|12 Denmark||27 Luxembourg||42 Slovakia|
|13 Estonia||28 Macedonia||43 Slovenia|
|14 Finland||29 Malta||44 Spain|
|15 France||30 Monaco||45 Sweden|
The list of countries whose citizens can enjoy visa-free transit entry, stay up to 5 days
|1. Albania||31. Estonia||61. Montenegro||91. Thailand|
|2. Algeria||32. Fiji||62. Morocco||92. Trinidad and Tobago|
|3. Andorra||33. Finland||63. Nauru||93. Tunisia|
|4. Antigua and Barbuda||34. France||64. Netherlands||94. Turkmenistan|
|5. Argentina||35. Gabon||65. New Zealand||95. United Arab Emirates|
|6. Australia||36. Germany||66. Norway||96. United Kingdom|
|7. Austria||37. Greece||67. Oman||97. United States of America|
|8. Bahamas||38. Grenad||68. Palau||98. Uruguay|
|9. Bahrain||39. Guatemala||69. Panama||99. Vatican|
|10. Barbados||40. Guyana||70. Peru||100. Venezuela|
|11. Belgium||41. Honduras||71. Philippines||101. Vietnam|
|12. Belize||42. Hungary||72. Poland|
|13. Bhutan||43. Iceland||73. Portugal|
|14. Bosnia and Herzegovina||44. India||74. Qatar|
|15. Brazil||45. Ireland||75. Romania|
|16. Brunei Darussalam||46. Italy||76. Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|17. Bulgaria||47. Jamaica||77. Saint Lucia|
|18. Canada||48. Kuwait||78. St Vincent & Grenadines|
|19. Chile||49. Latvia||79. San Marino|
|20. China||50. Lebanon||80. Saudi Arabia|
|21. Colombia||51. Liechtenstein||81. Serbia|
|22. Costa Rica||52. Lithuania||82. Seychelles|
|23. Croatia||53. Luxembourg||83. Slovakia|
|24. Cyprus||54. Macedonia||84. Slovenia|
|25. Czech Republic||55. Maldives||85. South Africa|
|26. Denmark||56. Malta||86. Spain|
|27. Dominica||57. Mauritius||87. Sri Lanka|
|28. Dominican Republic||58. Mexico||88. Suriname|
|29. Ecuador||59. Monaco||89. Sweden|
|30. Equatorial Guinea||60. Mongolia||90. Switzerland|